For our Swiss consulting and IT service providers company, estabilished in Lugano, we are looking for a:
· Independent conception and implementation of new functions in complex application landscapes
· Cooperation in agile teams
· Creation of technical documentation
· 8+ years' experience in building and running large, complex, secure and scalable web applications with high availability and reliability requirements
· Expertise with object-oriented design and SOLID principles. Nice to have: experience with functional programming
· Ability to design an architecture and new services from scratch. In particular is nice to have some experiences with event-driven and micro-service based architectures
· Familiar with REST and SOAP api paradigms and proven experience to implement them
· Fan of clean and quality code to keep the system readable and maintainable
· Refactoring skill and ability to move, if needed, through the dark recesses of legacy code
· Experience with the most common software engineering best practices, coding standards, code reviews, testing and operations.
· Very good knowledge of the design patters (architectural, creational, structural, behavioural) and proven ability applying them.
· Customer-oriented mind, focusing on helping customers to meet their long-term needs and wants.
· Experience in managing the critical parts of an application concerning transactionality, concurrency, security
· Testing frameworks knowledge(Junit, Mockito) - Cucumber (BDD)
· Testing strategy: TDD (nice to have)
· Building/profiling/dependency manager (Maven / Grad
· Experience with one of these application servers (Jboss/Wildfly, Tomcat)
· CI/CD as well as cycle software process concepts clear in mind
· Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
· Experience with cloud distributed applications
· DevOps experience (Docker, AWS). Kubernetes and OpenShift would be nice to have.
· Able to work in an agile context, with proven experience with one of the most common agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
· Excellent written and oral communication in English and German