PLANNER - SUPPLY CHAIN
The Planner provides professional materials planning support by coordinating the necessary activities for planning of demand, managing of capacity and inventory and of other production drivers to provid excellent on-time-delivery and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for overall production planning, capacity planning, scheduling, prioritization, and tracking/monitoring of production activities to meet shipping dates according customer orders.
- Ensures focus for continuous improvement of working capital, inventory control, proper stocking levels, and production planning systems.
- Maintains ERP/MRP system parameters and processes required for supplier delivery planning and work order management/capacity planning, generates and releases work orders, reschedules by Order Action reports, maintains area capacity plans and/or provides production forecasts.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and/or external customers in all areas relating to availability of product and resources,
- Assists the Supply Chain Manager in the Sales & Operations Process (S&OP) to ensure assigned
scheduling and purchasing activities.
- Responsible for key metrics such as On-Time-Delivery, Working Capital Turns and other targets-to-improve or key performance indicators (TTIs or KPIs) and reports.
The ideal candidates should have:
- Master’s degree in management and production engineering (Supply Chain preferred). APICS/ISM/Supply Chain certification or willingness to complete first 3 modules of APICS certification program (or equivalent) within 1 years of employment is preferred.
- Two (2) or more years of progressive experience in planning and scheduling position(s) is desired. Planning experience in machined parts or high volumes manufacturing industry is desired.
- Strong materials management skills including various levels of planning from Sales & Operations Planning to Execution and Control of Operations/Production Activity Control, MRP, Inventory Control.
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving capability.
- A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP (preferred) or other ERP systems, as well as manufacturing processand procedures, and the ability to share this knowledge with others.
- Computer skills – General MS-Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills are mandatory; advanced skills in MS Office including MS-Access are beneficial.
Focused on targets
Minimal, but may be up to 15% travel required at times.